Recipe by Deb's Recipes
Here's a recipe I found many years ago in an old Pillsbury Bake-Off Cookbook. These yummy cookies have a unique crispy-chewy texture and a delicious mapley flavor. My family loves them!
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons maple extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups oatmeal
- 2 cups crisp rice cereal
Directions See How It's Made
- Cream butter (a combination of half butter and half margarine works best) and sugars; add molasses, maple extract, and eggs; beat well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt; add to dough; stir in oatmeal and crisp rice cereal.
- Drop heaping teaspoonfuls of dough onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes until light golden-brown.
- Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets; remove cookies and cool completely on rack.
- Store cooled cookies in sealed container to preserve their chewy texture.