Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Here's a recipe I found many years ago in an old Pillsbury Bake-Off Cookbook. These yummy cookies have a unique crispy-chewy texture and a delicious mapley flavor. My family loves them!
- Cream butter (a combination of half butter and half margarine works best) and sugars; add molasses, maple extract, and eggs; beat well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt; add to dough; stir in oatmeal and crisp rice cereal.
- Drop heaping teaspoonfuls of dough onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes until light golden-brown.
- Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets; remove cookies and cool completely on rack.
- Store cooled cookies in sealed container to preserve their chewy texture.
These cookies are the BOMB! Wonderful flavor & texture. Thank you so much for sharing the recipe.
pretty tasty! everyone agreed they were good, but they were fairly unremarkable and didn't disappear like cookies normally do in this house
Great cookie! Loved the chewy texture. The kids finished these off in not time at all (and mom and dad helped a lot).