Here's a recipe I found many years ago in an old Pillsbury Bake-Off Cookbook. These yummy cookies have a unique crispy-chewy texture and a delicious mapley flavor. My family loves them!
- Cream butter (a combination of half butter and half margarine works best) and sugars; add molasses, maple extract, and eggs; beat well.
- Combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and salt; add to dough; stir in oatmeal and crisp rice cereal.
- Drop heaping teaspoonfuls of dough onto greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes until light golden-brown.
- Cool 2 minutes on baking sheets; remove cookies and cool completely on rack.
- Store cooled cookies in sealed container to preserve their chewy texture.