From The Samuel Sewall Inn
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- 2Mix two tablespoons brown sugar and 2 tablespoons finely chopped nuts; reserve.
- 3Cut the margarine into flour, 2 tablespoons brown sugar, baking powder, and salt with a pastry blender or two large knives in a large bowl until the mixture resembles fine crumbs.
- 4Stir in a ½ cup of toasted nuts.
- 5Stir in maple syrup, egg, and just enough milk so that the dough leaves the side of the bowl and forms a ball.
- 6Turn the dough on to a lightly floured surface; gently roll in flour to coat.
- 7Knead lightly 10 times to coat.
- 8Pat or roll into an 8-inch circle on a lightly greased cookie sheet.
- 9Brush with milk and sprinkle with brown sugar nut mixture.
- 10Cut into eight wedges but do not separate.
- 11Bake for 16 to 18 minutes, or until golden brown.
- 12Immediately remove from cookie sheet; carefully separate the wedges.
- 13Serve warm and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Scones Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Nut Scones
Serving Size: 1 (86 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 348.2
- Calories from Fat 166
- Total Fat 18.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 57.4 mg
- Sodium 260.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 41.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 14.9 g
- Protein 5.6 g