Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This come from a Womens World magazine. It has only 4 grams of fat per serving, this is fabulous and figure friendly. Use low fat milk and low fat whipped topping.
- In Medium pot combine 2 cups milk, rice and 1/2 cup water over med/high heat, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook until rive is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed 30- 35 minutes.
- Stir in 1/3 cup of sugar , salt, extract and remaining 1/2 cup milk.
- Cook stirring until sugar is dissolved and mixture is thickened.
- Remove from heat .
- Meantime in a large non stick skillet melt butter over med high heat.
- stir in apples , cinnamon and remaining 1 tbsp sugar.
- Cook stirring often until softened 3-5 minutes.
- Divide between dishes and top with apples, whipped topping and almonds.