Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
This recipe from BHG was created by Robin Haas. Serve with vanilla or rum raisin ice cream.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 1⁄2 cups pure maple syrup
- 3 eggs
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 cups walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons light rum (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly ground
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Prepare pastry and line 9-inch pie plate. Prick bottom and sides of pastry with fork. Line pastry with double thickness of foil. Bake 8 minutes. Remove foil. Bake 5 minutes more or until crust is lightly browned; cool. Reduce oven to 350 degrees.
- In saucepan, bring maple syrup to boiling. Reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 to 12 minutes or until reduced to 1 cup.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs with mixer on medium to high speed until thick and lemon colored, about 5 minutes.
- In large bowl, beat butter with mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds. Add sugars; beat to combine. Beat in reduced syrup and eggs. Fold in walnut, vanilla, rum and nutmeg. Pour into prebaked crust.
- Bake pie on baking sheet 35 minutes or until set around edges. Cool. Serve with ice cream.