Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I love anything maple and I love muffins! Although I haven't tried this recipe yet, it looks great.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup milk
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine flours, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; set aside.
- Mix together remaining ingredients till well blended.
- Pour liquid ingredients over dry mixture and stir a few quick strokes till moistened.
- Spoon into muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 25-30 minutes.
These are very good muffins! They have a very nice flavor, although it is subtle. I added walnuts, which gave them a nice texture as well. I also made a glaze using 1/3 cup confectioner's sugar and 2 Tbsp maple syrup and drizzled that on top, which made them even sweeter and better! I would definitely make these again.