Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I came up with this recipe by combining a few other snack mix recipes. My family loves it and it is made lighter by using Splenda and Sugar Free Maple syrup. Enjoy.
- 2⁄3 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute or 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 egg whites
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 3⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups Rice Chex
- 2 1⁄2 cups Wheat Chex
- 2 1⁄2 cups pretzel twists
- 1 cup sugar-free maple syrup or 1 cup regular maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Mix Splenda and cinnamon in a bowl and set aside.
- Beat egg whites in a large bowl until frothy.
- Mix dried cranberries and pecans with the frothy egg whites until coated.
- Carefully stir in rice chex, wheat chex and pretzels.
- Add syrup and continue to mix until coated.
- Sprinkle mix with sugar and cinnamon mixture and stir again to coat.
- Line large cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Spread mix on parchment paper cook for 1 hour or until mix is dry, turning every 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool on parchment paper on a cooling rack so the snack mix does not get soggy.
- Store in airtight container.