Recipe by CatlingMex
This recipe makes a small batch (only about an inch high in an 8x8-inch baking dish) of very yummy cake-like cookies. It's nice for when you want a little home-baked something but don't need a large quantity. You won't need to get the electric mixer out, either, so there is one less thing to clean up.
- 1⁄3 cup butter or 1⁄3 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon maple flavoring
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter and sugar in a saucepan, then cool slightly.
- Beat in maple flavoring and egg. Sift flour with salt and baking powder; stir into butter mixture.
- Stir in raisins and walnuts. Spread in greased 8x8x2-inch pan.
- Bake at 350F for 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool slightly, then cut into 16 bars.