This recipe makes a small batch (only about an inch high in an 8x8-inch baking dish) of very yummy cake-like cookies. It's nice for when you want a little home-baked something but don't need a large quantity. You won't need to get the electric mixer out, either, so there is one less thing to clean up.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter and sugar in a saucepan, then cool slightly.
- 2Beat in maple flavoring and egg. Sift flour with salt and baking powder; stir into butter mixture.
- 3Stir in raisins and walnuts. Spread in greased 8x8x2-inch pan.
- 4Bake at 350F for 25 to 30 minutes.
- 5Cool slightly, then cut into 16 bars.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Nut Chews
Serving Size: 1 (433 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.4
- Calories from Fat 59
- Total Fat 6.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 23.3 mg
- Sodium 76.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 9.4 g
- Protein 1.5 g