Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
Make and share this Maple Mustard Pork Chops With Grilled Apples recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 cup dark amber maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider
- 1⁄4 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 center-cut boneless pork loin chops (1/2- to 3/4-inch thick)
- extra virgin olive oil
- McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 3 golden delicious apples, sliced across into 1/2-inch rounds, with core and peel intact
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1⁄2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- Preheat nonstick grill pan over med-high heat; preheat oven to 350°.
- In a saucepan, combine maple syrup, cider, onion, allspice, and cumin; cook over medium heat, 7-10 minutes, until sauce begins to thicken a bit.
- Drizzle chops with oil; season with steak seasoning; cook on grill pan 3 minutes on each side.
- Baste chops liberally with sauce and cook 2-3 minutes more, then transfer to a baking sheet.
- Baste again with sauce and place in a hot oven to finish cooking; bake 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile coat apple rounds with lemon juice and a drizzle of oil; season with steak seasoning and a little nutmeg.
- Cover grill pan surface with as many pieces of apple as possible.
- As the apples get tender, remove and replace with remaining slices.
- Apples should cook 3 minutes on each side, as you don’t want them too soft, just tender.
- Serve chops with apples alongside.