My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup dark amber maple syrup
- 4 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- 1/4 cup apple cider
- 1/4 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 8 center-cut boneless pork loin chops (1/2- to 3/4-inch thick)
- extra virgin olive oil
- McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 3 golden delicious apples, sliced across into 1/2-inch rounds, with core and peel intact
- 1/2 lemon, juice of
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1Preheat nonstick grill pan over med-high heat; preheat oven to 350°.
- 2In a saucepan, combine maple syrup, cider, onion, allspice, and cumin; cook over medium heat, 7-10 minutes, until sauce begins to thicken a bit.
- 3Drizzle chops with oil; season with steak seasoning; cook on grill pan 3 minutes on each side.
- 4Baste chops liberally with sauce and cook 2-3 minutes more, then transfer to a baking sheet.
- 5Baste again with sauce and place in a hot oven to finish cooking; bake 10-12 minutes.
- 6Meanwhile coat apple rounds with lemon juice and a drizzle of oil; season with steak seasoning and a little nutmeg.
- 7Cover grill pan surface with as many pieces of apple as possible.
- 8As the apples get tender, remove and replace with remaining slices.
- 9Apples should cook 3 minutes on each side, as you don’t want them too soft, just tender.
- 10Serve chops with apples alongside.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Mustard Pork Chops With Grilled Apples
Serving Size: 1 (591 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 178.7
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 174.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 35.9 g
- Protein 1.0 g