1 hr 12 mins
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 pork chops (1/2 to 3/4 inch thick and 6-7 oz. each, for boneless)
- coarse salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons dry mustard
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
Maple Mustard Barbecue Sauce
- 1Make the sauce: melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat; add in bacon, onion, and garlic; cook until golden brown, 4-5 minutes; stir in tomato paste; cook for 1 minute.
- 2Stir in maple syrup, mustard, and vinegar; let the sauce simmer until thick and flavorful, about 10 minutes; taste for seasoning, add salt and pepper if needed, also more vinegar.
- 3You can serve the sauce hot or at room temperature; can be made up to 2 days ahead and refrigerated, covered; bring the sauce to room temperature before serving.
- 4The chops: place the pork chops in a baking dish and season generously on both sides with salt and pepper.
- 5Sprinkle the pork chops on both sides with the mustard powder, using about 1 teaspoon per side and rubbing it onto the meat with a fork or your fingertips.
- 6Drizzle the soy sauce over the chops, patting it onto the mustard with a fork to make a flavorful paste.
- 7Place the maple syrup and oil in a small bowl and stir to mix.
- 8Pour this mixture over the chops, turning to coat both sides, and let marinate in the refrigerator, covered, for 30 minutes.
- 9Set up grill for direct grilling and preheat to high.
- 10When ready to cook, brush and oil the grill grate; drain the marinade from the chops and discard the marinade.
- 11Arrange the chops on the hot grate, placing them on a diagonal to the bars.
- 12Grill the chops until cooked through, 4-6 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the chops.
- 13Rotate the chops a quarter turn after 2 minutes to create nice grill marks.
- 14When ready to turn, the chops will be nicely browned on the bottom; test for doneness with instant-read thermometer side-ways into a chop; internal temp should be about 160°.
- 15Transfer the grilled chops to a platter; let rest for 2 minutes.
- 16Serve the chops with the Maple-Mustard Barbecue Sauce.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Mustard Pork Chops
Serving Size: 1 (394 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 729.8
- Calories from Fat 321
- Total Fat 35.7 g
- Saturated Fat 9.9 g
- Cholesterol 90.3 mg
- Sodium 1230.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 75.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 62.6 g
- Protein 28.6 g