Recipe by WiGal
This recipe is from foodtv.ca the television show called from Licence to Grill hosted by Rob Rainford. Posted for ZWT4.
Top Review by Boomette
It's been a while since I wanted to try that. I was afraid it would be too sweet, but not at all. We loved these burgers. And I think it was our first time trying a pork burger. I used lean ground pork and omitted the garlic. For the glaze, I omitted the honey and orange zest. Thanks WiGal :) Made for Bevy tag
- 2 lbs ground pork
- 2 shallots, finely dice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon orange zest, chopped fine
- 6 large onion hamburger buns, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium size bowl combine the ground pork, diced shallots, minced garlic, salt and pepper.
- Form the mixture into 6 patties of equal size about 1 inch thick (2.5cm).
- At this point, you could freeze the patties, or place patties on to a tray and cover with plastic wrap.
- Place in the refrigerator until ready to grill.
- In a medium size bowl whisk together all glaze ingredients.
- Preheat barbeque grill to 375°F/190°C or medium high heat.
- Oil the grill.
- Brush the pork burgers with prepared glaze.
- Place pork patties on grill for 7-8 minutes basting every 2 minutes or until dark golden brown and slightly crisp on exterior.
- Flip the burgers and continue to cook for another 7 minutes basting every 2 minutes.
- Remove burgers from grill and place on tray.
- Place sliced buns on the bun rack for 1 minute.
- Serve burgers with warm onion buns and desired toppings.