I got this recipe in the bag of boards I bought from Real Wood Products. This was so good I had to share. The lemon juice makes the difference. Let it stand in the lemon juice while you prepare the sides and the salad. Then proceed with the rest of the recipe.
- Soak plank in water a minimum of 1 hour before using. (I put mine on a cookie sheet, filled it with water and placed a glass full of water on top of it to weigh it down and let it soak all day.
- Cut salmon with 1/2 inch slits lengthwise almost down to the skin, and 1/2 inch apart.
- Sprinkle lemon juice liberally over salmon and massage into every nook and cranny.
- Preheat grill to high heat (about 500-600 degrees). I set it on high.
- Season the salmon with salt and pepper. (I used lemon pepper).
- When the grill is hot, place the salmon, skin side down on the pre-soaked plank over indirect heat. (Turn one of the burners off, leave the other lit, place over unlit side).
- Close lid and cook for 15-18 minutes.
- Brush salmon with the sauce made from the Maple Syrup, Garlic, Orange Rind and Dijon Mustard.
- Cook for an additional 10-12 minutes or until done.
- It's done when fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Remove from heat and serve.