Prep 5 mins
Cook 45 mins
This comes from the Super Suppers cookbook. I used boneless skinless breasts for this and reduced the cooking time.
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 lbs chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- Put mustard, syrup, honey and lemon juice into a large zipper type freezer bag.
- Seal bag and squish it around to mix ingredients.
- Open bag and add chicken pieces.
- Seal and make sure chicken in coated in sauce.
- Marinate chicken for 1-6 hours.
- Drain chicken, reserving marinade.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken and brown on all sides.
- Turn heat to low and add reserved marinade.
- Cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Serve chicken and drizzle with pan juices.
- To freeze:.
- Place chicken and marinade in freezer.
- Thaw in fridge and continue with directions above.
Very yummy!! I used boneless, skinless chicken thighs and did put it in the freezer. Too easy! DH said it tasted like chicken with pancake syrup on it (LOL) but when asked, he said he liked it. Nice sweet chicken. I served this with sauteed green beans and rice pilaf.