Prep 15 mins
Cook 8 hrs
From Quick Cooking Magazine. For make-ahead convenience, marinate these chicken breasts overnight. They are great as-is, or also make yummy chicken sandwiches.
- 118.29 ml maple syrup
- 44.37 ml red wine vinegar
- 29.58 ml Dijon mustard
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3.69-4.92 ml pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 1-1/2 pounds)
- In a bowl, combine the first six ingredients; mix well.
- Reserve 1/4 cup for basting; cover and refrigerate.
- Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag or shallow glass container; add chicken and turn to coat. Seal or cover; refrigerate for 4-8 hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade.
- Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side.
- Grill 6-8 minutes longer or until juices run clear, basting with the reserved marinade and turning occasionally.
- Yield: 6 servings.
This was one of the best marinade for chicken breasts we made on the barbecue. I loved the taste. It was more than 24 hours in the marinade. Thanks for sharing this recipe :) Made for Alphabet chef game
This chicken was so delicious! So moist! So flavorful! I made an extra breast so I could have it for lunch and one of the boys got to it first! I ran out of Dijon and acutally had to use 1 TB Dijon and 1 TB yellow mustard. I ended up marinating the chicken for about 36 hours LOL! Very Very Good. I will make this one again.