1/3 Photos of Maple-Mustard Baked Chicken
1 hr 30 mins
Baked chicken is our favorite; this will work well when we have company since not everyone prefers dark meat as we do...Marinating not included in prep time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 8 1/2 lbs bone-in chicken pieces, skin removed (thighs, drumsticks and or or breasts)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1Whisk mustard, maple syrup, 1 tablespoon oil, thyme, pepper and salt in a large bowl.
- 2Add chicken and turn to coat evenly. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to 6 hours.
- 3Preheat oven to 400°F Set a wire rack on a large baking sheet.
- 4Combine breadcrumbs and the remaining 1 tablespoon oil on a plate. Dredge the skinned side of each chicken piece in the breadcrumbs (with drumsticks, dredge the meatier side) and arrange breaded-side up on the wire rack. Leave at least 1 inch between pieces.
- 5Bake until golden brown and an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat registers 165°F, 35 to 40 minutes.
- 6Serve hot or let cool, refrigerate and serve chilled.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple-Mustard Baked Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (328 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 758.4
- Calories from Fat 440
- Total Fat 48.9 g
- Saturated Fat 13.1 g
- Cholesterol 219.9 mg
- Sodium 562.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 57.4 g