Recipe by Chef Buggsy Mate
If you like pancakes, you will love these muffins. They are like pancakes you can take on the run!
Top Review by Nikoma
The flavor of these was exactly what I was looking for. Just like grabbing your fluffy pancakes and syrup without needing a plate. They're smooth and moist. I didn't add the topping and I don't really think they need it. Any more sugar would be to much in my opinion. I added 1 tsp maple extract along with the vanilla as well. I think this would be even better in a loaf form and I'm going to try that the next time. Big slices spread with butter :) Next time I'll probably try this with self rising flour or double the baking powder since they didn't rise quite as much as I'd like. I'd also like to try them with half butter/half shortening. Either way they're scrumpious!
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 118.29 ml brown sugar, packed
- 9.85 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 177.44 ml milk
- 118.29 ml butter, melted
- 118.29 ml maple syrup
- 59.14 ml sour cream
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 44.37 ml all-purpose flour
- 44.37 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml chopped nuts
- 2.46 ml ground cinnamon
- 29.58 ml butter, chilled
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, combine the milk, butter, syrup, sour cream, egg and vanilla.
- Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- For topping, combine the flour, sugar, nuts and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 16-20 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.