If you like pancakes, you will love these muffins. They are like pancakes you can take on the run!
Make and share this Maple Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped nuts
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons butter, chilled
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- In another bowl, combine the milk, butter, syrup, sour cream, egg and vanilla.
- Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- For topping, combine the flour, sugar, nuts and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly.
- Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 16-20 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.