1/2 Photos of Maple Muffins
Serve hot out of the oven with butter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 14.79 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 118.29 ml pure maple syrup (preferably Grade A dark amber)
- 44.37 ml maple sugar (found in gourmet or specialty food stores)
- 177.44 ml milk
- 59.16 ml unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 1.23 ml apple cider vinegar
- 1Position rack in center of oven; preheat oven to 400°F.
- 2Spray muffin tray indentations and rims w/ cooking spray.
- 3In a bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together; set aside.
- 4In a bigger bowl, whisk the eggs until lightly beaten; whisk in the maple syrup and maple sugar; continue whisking until thick and pale brown, about 1 minute.
- 5Whisk in the milk, melted butter, vanilla, and vinegar.
- 6Use a wooden spoon to stir in the flour mixture until moistened.
- 7Fill prepared muffin tins ¾ full; bake for 20 minutes or until muffins are golden with rounded, cracked tops; pick in the center should come out with a crumb or two attached.
- 8Set pan in a wire rack to cool 10 minutes; gently rock each muffin back and forth to release and remove it from the tin; cool for 5 minutes on the rack.
- 9*Granola Maple Muffins—sprinkle 2 teaspoons granola on top of each muffin before baking.
- 10*Maple Rum Currant Muffins—omit the vinegar; add 1 teaspoon rum extract with the vanilla; mix ½ cup dried currants in with the maple syrup; proceed as directed.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Muffins
Serving Size: 1 (797 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 117.5
- Calories from Fat 32
- Total Fat 3.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 31.7 mg
- Sodium 139.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 6.7 g
- Protein 2.5 g