Recipe by Chabear01
Posting this for ZWT II - Canada as taken from Epicurean.com. Eat this with a nice cup of coffee, or tea.
Top Review by Elmotoo
This is very good but raw egg whites skeeve me out. I'm trying to rework in my head...add the hot syrup slowly to the egg whites while they're beating? Kids loved it. Thanks for sharing!
- 4 cups low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup (I use the Amber)
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 egg whites
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Place cheesecloth over a strainer. Place strainer over a bowl. Add yoghurt into strainer and leave to drip, refrigerate overnight. There will be about 2 cups yoghurt remaining. Discard the liquid. Place yoghurt in a large bowl.
- In a Pot, on medium heat, reduce maple syrup until 1/4 cup remains. Remove from heat, add brandy, cool 10 minutes. Beat into yoghurt along with lemon zest.
- With electric mixer beat egg whites until frothy, then beat in sugar. Continue beating until egg whites hold soft peaks. Fold into yoghurt mixture.
- Spoon into glass dishes and serve with cookies and nice hot cup of coffee or tea.