Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A very simple but delicious dessert. Perfect for the winter season when the new batch of maple syrup hits the market.
- Beat the egg yolks with an electric mixer until fluffy and lemon-colored, about 5 minutes.
- Add the maple syrup and cook in the top of a double boiler until the mixture becomes very thick, stirring often.
- Let cool completely.
- Beat the egg whites with 1/8 teaspoon salt until stiff.
- Gently combine the cooled syrup mixture, egg whites, and whipped heavy cream until thoroughly incorporated.
- Spoon into beautiful parfait or martini glasses.