Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
I found this in a recipe book called Hometown Favorites from Pittsford NY. I haven't tried it yet, but wanted to post it here so I don't lose it. I looks like it should be delicious! I mean, you're combining chocolate and maple, 2 of my favorite tastes! Because I never made this, the prep time is a guess. Once I make it, I'll revise if necessary.
- 1 (21 ounce) package brownie mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 cups whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons instant coffee granules
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons maple flavoring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- brick chocolate (for chocolate curls) or walnuts, for decoration
- In a large bowl, mix together brownie mix, eggs, water and oil.
- Stir until well blended, about 50 strokes.
- Stir in walnuts.
- Pour into two greased 9-inch round baking pans.
- Bake in 350 degree F oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and cool completely.
- In a bowl, beat cream and coffee granules until stiff peaks form.
- Gradually beat in brown sugar, maple flavoring and vanilla.
- Spread 1/2 cup over one brownie layer; top with second layer.
- Spread remaining cream mixture over top and sides of torte.
- Garnish with chocolate curls or walnuts.