Prep 0 mins
Cook 12 mins
A pretty cookie with a mellow Maple flavour, perfect for your Christmas trays. I am posting this recipe for safe keeping. Of all the cookies my dear Aunt made for Christmas, this has been my favourite for many years.
- Beat the margarine, sugar and extract together.
- In a separate bowl, stir the flour and salt together, then beat into the margarine mixture until fluffy.
- Roll into 1-inch balls and place on a sprayed cookie sheet.
- Gently press a pecan half onto each cookie.
- Bake 12 minutes at 350°F; let cool slightly on pans before lifting onto cooling racks.
- Keeps 2 weeks in a covered tin, and freezes well.
- Note: This recipe does not call for eggs.
This one is definitely a 5 star cookie with my family. My sister absolutely loves them. I lost the recipe a few years ago when one of my children ruined my cookbook and am so happy to have found it again. Out of the hundreds of cookies I've made over the years this is one of the easiest and best tasting ones.
Liked the flavor, but I followed the directions exactly and mine spread, did not stay round like the picture.
Very, very good. Looked just like the picture. Very tasty.