1/2 Photos of Maple Meltaways
Chef Dee's Note:
A pretty cookie with a mellow Maple flavour, perfect for your Christmas trays. I am posting this recipe for safe keeping. Of all the cookies my dear Aunt made for Christmas, this has been my favourite for many years.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat the margarine, sugar and extract together.
- 2In a separate bowl, stir the flour and salt together, then beat into the margarine mixture until fluffy.
- 3Roll into 1-inch balls and place on a sprayed cookie sheet.
- 4Gently press a pecan half onto each cookie.
- 5Bake 12 minutes at 350°F; let cool slightly on pans before lifting onto cooling racks.
- 6Keeps 2 weeks in a covered tin, and freezes well.
- 7Note: This recipe does not call for eggs.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Meltaways
Serving Size: 1 (699 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 896.8
- Calories from Fat 523
- Total Fat 58.2 g
- Saturated Fat 19.6 g
- Cholesterol 61.0 mg
- Sodium 576.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 88.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 39.2 g
- Protein 8.4 g