Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
These are one of my favorite cookies. They just melt in your mouth, so yummy! I like to have them on hand for any occassion.
- 2 cups flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons maple extract
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 36 pecan halves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In large bowl, measure all but pecans. Mix on low until blended. Increase speed to medium, beat until light and fluffy.
- Drop by rounded teaspoons 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Gently press 1 pecan half on each. Bake 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool.
- slightly. Remove to wire rack. Store in tightly covered container for up to.
- 2 weeks. Makes 36 cookies.
I liked this cookie a lot! I have been looking for a good maple cookie for quite some time. My batter never did get light and fluffy though, perhaps my butter was still too hard, so I ended up kneading the batter a bit until it held together and then just rolled the dough into small balls and topped them with pecan pieces. Thanks for this recipe!
Just realized I forgot to rate this cookie. I must give it 5 stars. Most wonderful flavor.