Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe is from the www.sparkrecipes.com website: "It's the perfect time of year for this recipe! Sweet potatoes are one of the most delicious (and nutritious!) winter comfort foods, and the warm maple syrup flavor of this dish is the perfect complement to cold weather. Choose medium sweet potatoes with firm, unblemished skins — they'll have the best flavor!"
- 1 lb sweet potato, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 2 medium carrots, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- 1 dash fresh ground black pepper
- Place the sweet potatoes and carrots in a medium saucepan. Add 1-inch water, cover, and bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the heat to medium and simmer for 9 to 10 minutes, or until the vegetables are very tender.
- Drain in a colander and return to the saucepan. Mash until smooth.
- Stir in the maple syrup and nutmeg and pepper to taste.
I want more~ We loved this recipe. The flavors turned out great. As for the maple syrup I found using the real version is better. I also chose to make this dish along side of Steak Tip Marinade