Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Gourmet | November 2001
Make and share this Maple Mashed Sweet Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 6 lbs sweet potatoes
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream, warmed
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Prick each potato twice with a fork and bake in a foil-lined shallow baking pan in lower third of oven until very tender, about 1 hour. Remove and cool slightly.
- Halve potatoes lengthwise and scoop out warm flesh into a large bowl.
- Mash potatoes with a potato masher or, for a smoother purée, force through a potato ricer. Stir in butter, cream, syrup, salt, and pepper.