Holiday Side Dishes From Woman's World Magazine 11/23/04. I made these for Christmas Day and they stole the show.
- In pot combine sweet potatoes with enough salted water to cover. Over high heat bring to boil. Cook until tender, 10 minutes. Drain; return to pot.
- Meanwhile, in nonstick skillet over medium-hig heat cook bacon until crisp, 6-8 minutes; drain on paper towels. Crumble.
- In microwave-safe bowl combine half-and-half and maple syrup; microwave on High until warm, 1-2 minutes.
- Mash sweet potatoes with butter until smooth. Gradually mash in maple mixture.
- Stir in salt, cumin and pepper. Reserve 1/4 cup bacon and 1 t. chives. Stir remaining bacon and chives into potatoes. Transfer to dish; top w ith bacon and chives.