1/1 Photo of Maple Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Holiday Side Dishes From Woman's World Magazine 11/23/04. I made these for Christmas Day and they stole the show.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In pot combine sweet potatoes with enough salted water to cover. Over high heat bring to boil. Cook until tender, 10 minutes. Drain; return to pot.
- 2Meanwhile, in nonstick skillet over medium-hig heat cook bacon until crisp, 6-8 minutes; drain on paper towels. Crumble.
- 3In microwave-safe bowl combine half-and-half and maple syrup; microwave on High until warm, 1-2 minutes.
- 4Mash sweet potatoes with butter until smooth. Gradually mash in maple mixture.
- 5Stir in salt, cumin and pepper. Reserve 1/4 cup bacon and 1 t. chives. Stir remaining bacon and chives into potatoes. Transfer to dish; top w ith bacon and chives.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Mashed Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 396.8
- Calories from Fat 155
- Total Fat 17.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 37.4 mg
- Sodium 692.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.8 g
- Sugars 17.5 g
- Protein 6.1 g