1/1 Photo of Maple-Marinated Tempeh
Spicy and sweet tempeh that melts in your mouth, suitable for vegans and those with lactose/wheat/gluten intolerances. Can be served warm or cold. Keeps in fridge for up to 5 days. Can be used as burger/sandwich filling or with greens for optimal food combination. Recipe adapted only slightly from Peter Berley's "The Modern Vegetarian Kitchen". My most requested recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven 230 degrees celcius.
- 2Slice tempeh into pieces desired size.
- 3Select ovenproof dish that holds the slices in a single snug layer.
- 4In a bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients.
- 5Pour half of marinade into baking dish and place tempeh on top.
- 6Pour over remaining tempeh.
- 7Cover baking dish with foil and form a tight seal.
- 8Bake for 15 mins then use tongs to turn over tempeh and bake covered for another 15 minutes.
- 9Remove foil and continue to bake uncovered for further 10 mins or until browned.
Browse Our Top Vegan Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple-Marinated Tempeh
Serving Size: 1 (197 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 488.8
- Calories from Fat 320
- Total Fat 35.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2047.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 16.7 g
- Protein 18.1 g