Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Best left in the refrigerator overnight to blend flavors, but you will be lucky if this sauce lasts a day, it is too good! You can adjust ingredients to taste.
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup mango chutney
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄2 cup favorite bottled barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon ginger powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 1 -2 tablespoon louisianna hot sauce (optional or to taste)
- 1 lemon, juice of
- cayenne pepper (optional or to taste)
- Mix all ingredients in a saucepan.
- Place on top of the stove over medium-low heat; cook for about 20 minutes without letting the sauce boil just to combine all ingredients and heat the sauce, stirring occasionally and adjusting the hot sauce and/or cayenne pepper and salt.
- Cool to room temperature then chill.
I halved this recipe, using some of my homemade mango ginger chutney. Wonderful flavor! I didn't have tomato sauce,so used a little more kectchup and a little more barbeque sauce. I will use this on my veggie burgers and my husband would love this on chicken! Thanks Kitten!