Prep2 hrs 10 mins
These are great to bake in the fall, but they are delicious anytime. I use a maple leaf cutter. Prep time includes 2 hours chill time.
- In medium pan, combine butter, sugar and syrup. Bring to a boil, then immediately remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Add milk.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Add cooled syrup mix; mix well to combine.
- Divide dough in half; wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours.
- Roll on lightly floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Cut with maple leaf cutters.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 375°F for 8-10 minutes or until golden. (Do not overbake.).
- Immediately remove cookies to wire rack.
- Combine glaze ingredients well; brush cookies with glaze immediately.
- Cool completely.
Looking for a great roll out cookies for holiday decorating? use the Maple Leaf Cookie recipe and change the maple syrup to light Karo syrup. They are not too sweet so adding frosting and extras make them delicious.
Excellent!! Very mild maple flavor. I was worried b/c there is no egg, but it works beautifully. You do have to refrigerate the dough. It is a bit sticky at first, but rolls and cuts beautifully. I made my own glaze b/c I wanted to decorate my cookies.