Recipe by grandma2969
These are great to bake in the fall, but they are delicious anytime. I use a maple leaf cutter. Prep time includes 2 hours chill time.
Top Review by kelzmail
Looking for a great roll out cookies for holiday decorating? use the Maple Leaf Cookie recipe and change the maple syrup to light Karo syrup. They are not too sweet so adding frosting and extras make them delicious.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar, sifted
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium pan, combine butter, sugar and syrup. Bring to a boil, then immediately remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Add milk.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Add cooled syrup mix; mix well to combine.
- Divide dough in half; wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours.
- Roll on lightly floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Cut with maple leaf cutters.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 375°F for 8-10 minutes or until golden. (Do not overbake.).
- Immediately remove cookies to wire rack.
- Combine glaze ingredients well; brush cookies with glaze immediately.
- Cool completely.