Prep2 hrs 10 mins
These are great to bake in the fall, but they are delicious anytime. I use a maple leaf cutter. Prep time includes 2 hours chill time.
- In medium pan, combine butter, sugar and syrup. Bring to a boil, then immediately remove from heat and cool to room temperature.
- Add milk.
- In a separate bowl, combine dry ingredients.
- Add cooled syrup mix; mix well to combine.
- Divide dough in half; wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate 2 hours.
- Roll on lightly floured surface to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Cut with maple leaf cutters.
- Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 375°F for 8-10 minutes or until golden. (Do not overbake.).
- Immediately remove cookies to wire rack.
- Combine glaze ingredients well; brush cookies with glaze immediately.
- Cool completely.