Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
For Zaar's World Tour II (Canda/Nova Scotia) Recipe source: Bon Appetit (May 1981)
Make and share this Maple Ice Cream recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl beat eggs until creamy and then add next 4 ingredients (maple syrup - salt), stirring to blend.
- Transfer mixture to top of double boiler set over simmering water, over low heat.
- Cook, for 5-10 minutes, stirring constanlly until mixture coats spoon. Remove from heat. Let cool.
- Stir cream and vanilla into mixture.
- Transfer mixture to ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer's directions.
This was super easy to put together, and definitely gets more voluminous as it churns. I had hoped to taste more maple flavor, though...the vanilla was more prevalent, so I'll probably leave it out, and add more maple syrup the next time around. Yummy1
This was nice and creamy. I was going to make this for Zaar World Tour 2006, but never got to it. Sure glad we made it tonight. A mixer would blend in the cornstarch better then a whisk. Other then needing to beat a couple of lumps out of the mixture this was easy to put together. ellie, thank you for sharing your recipe.
Wonderful. So sweet and creamy and delicious. The cornstarch is a great addition to the custard as it helps it set and, I'm sure, helps in the final creamy outcome. I will be SO making this recipe often this summer. Next time I'll add some toasted walnut pieces to get a taste of old-fashioned, Canadian Maple Walnut Ice Cream.