Recipe by ellie_
For Zaar's World Tour II (Canda/Nova Scotia) Recipe source: Bon Appetit (May 1981)
Top Review by charuehill
This was super easy to put together, and definitely gets more voluminous as it churns. I had hoped to taste more maple flavor, though...the vanilla was more prevalent, so I'll probably leave it out, and add more maple syrup the next time around. Yummy1
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups maple syrup (use "real maple syrup" not pancake syrup)
- 2 cups milk
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups whipping cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl beat eggs until creamy and then add next 4 ingredients (maple syrup - salt), stirring to blend.
- Transfer mixture to top of double boiler set over simmering water, over low heat.
- Cook, for 5-10 minutes, stirring constanlly until mixture coats spoon. Remove from heat. Let cool.
- Stir cream and vanilla into mixture.
- Transfer mixture to ice cream maker and process according to manufacturer's directions.