Recipe by JenSmith
Delicious on a cold winter's night! You can make this with either maple or mint extract, or any other flavoring you think might be good. Don't be tempted to leave out the butter, it makes it creamier. This is not a low-fat recipe, but you can risk it on occasion!
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking cocoa
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup hot water
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 4 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon maple flavoring (or mint flavoring)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 large marshmallows
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar, cocoa and salt. Stir in hot water and butter; bring to a boil.
- Add the milk, maple (or mint) flavoring, vanilla and 8 marshmallows. Heat through, stirring occasionally, until marshmallows are melted.
- Ladle into mugs and top each with a marshmallow.