Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
Maple makes this drink even more special! Great on a cold winter night, or after a day out in the snow. Recipe comes from the Maple Syrup Cookbook by Ken Haedrich.
- 1 cup whole milk (or soy milk)
- 2 ounces chocolate (semisweet or bittersweet)
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- whipped cream (optional) or marshmallow cream (optional)
- Heat the milk and chocolate in a double boiler over simmering water until the chocolate is melted and well incorporated; do not boil.
- Remove from heat; stir in the maple syrup.
- Pour into a mug and top with whipped cream, if desired.
My husband and I liked this hot chocolate. I thought it was a 5 star recipe but my husband thought it needed more maple flavor so he added more to his. I am adding this to my growing list of hot chocolate recipes. It's a keeper. Thanks Whisper. Bullwinkle.
Easy,warming , comforting and chocolaty with out being overly so . I used semi sweet chocolate. The only diffrent thing I did was to cook it directly on the heat instead of on a dbl boiler and it worked out fine.