Recipe by Ethan UK
Sweet and syrupy toasted pineapple rings. Wonderful served with Strained/Greek Style yoghurt or Ice Cream. Recipe from ASDA Supermarket June 2005 free magazine.
Top Review by Elisa72
Wow! We used fresh pineapple and cooked them on the barbeque, and everyone loved them! Since we put them directly on the grill, there was syrup-sugar sauce left over which we poured back over the pineapple to serve. Served that way it didn't need any other toppings, but next time I may add the ice cream as it sounds delicious.
- 1 (432 g) can pineapple rings, drained (slices a.k.a. rings)
- maple syrup
- brown sugar
- 1 dash ground cinnamon or 1 dash ground ginger, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Empty drained can of pineapple rings into a flameproof dish.
- Drizzle with maple syrup (to taste) and sprinkle with brown sugar (to taste).
- Grill under medium-hot grill until sugar is bubbling and caramelised.
- Serve with Greek-Style yoghurt (a strained, extra thick yoghurt), Vanilla Ice Cream or creme fraiche.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon or ginger or other spice to personal taste.