Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
What a perfect dish for an outdoor dinner!! Using your grill won't heat up the kitchen, and grilled peaches taste absolutely divine! Choose freestone peaches, because they are easy to cut neatly into halves. From Canadian Living.
- 4 peaches or 4 nectarines, firm, ripe, and peeled
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg, grated or 1⁄4 teaspoon cardamom, ground
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream (about 2 cups/500 mL) or 4 scoops frozen yogurt (about 2 cups/500 mL)
- Halve peaches; discard pits. Place, cut side down, on greased grill over medium-low heat; close lid and grill for 7 minutes.
- Turn peaches; brush with one-quarter of the maple syrup. Sprinkle with nutmeg or cardamom. Grill until tender, about 8 minutes. Serve with ice cream; drizzle with remaining maple syrup.
- Variation: Maple-Grilled Apricots: Replace peaches with apricots. Do not peel. Grill for 10 minutes.
Too sweet, next time I might try this using half pure maple syrup and half water