- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil (like soy, peanut or corn)
- 2⁄3 cup dark amber maple syrup (grade A or B)
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1⁄2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 3 1⁄2 cups rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup green pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1⁄2 cup cashews, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup whole almond, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup mixed dried fruit (such as currants, diced pears, dice apricots, cranberries, raisins, blueberries or chopped dates)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan, combine the oil and syrup and heat, stirring, over low heat. Remove from the heat and add the vanilla extract.
- In a large bowl, toss together the wheat germ, sesame seeds, coconut, oats, pumpkin seeds, cashews, and almonds.
- Add the syrup mixture and stir to coat evenly.
- Spread the granola mixture out on a baking sheet.
- Bake until golden brown, about an 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- Stir the mixture occasionally while baking so it toasts evenly.
- Transfer the warm toasted granola to a large bowl and stir in the dried fruits and let cool.
- Store in a tightly sealed container a room temperature for 2 weeks or freeze for up to 2 months.