1 hr 30 mins
Yummy. Good side dish for the holidays
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 lbs yams, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch chunks (or sweet potatoes)
- salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, plus
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces, divided
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- 1Preheat oven to 400°F Butter 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Bring large pot of water to boil; add yams. Cook about 4 minutes or until water returns to simmer; drain. Rinse under cold water.
- 2Arrange yams in prepared dish. Season with salt. Pour syrup over yams. Dot with 3 tablespoons butter. Cover and bake about 25 minutes or until yams are almost tender.
- 3Mix flour and brown sugar in medium bowl. Add remaining ½ cup butter. Cut in until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add pecans; mix.
- 4Sprinkle pecan mixture over yams; bake 20 minutes or until tender.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple-Glazed Yams (Or Sweet Potatoes) With Butter Pecan Topping
Serving Size: 1 (308 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 661.5
- Calories from Fat 235
- Total Fat 26.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.9 g
- Cholesterol 41.9 mg
- Sodium 31.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 104.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.9 g
- Sugars 31.3 g
- Protein 5.9 g