Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Yummy. Good side dish for the holidays
- 4 lbs yams, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch chunks (or sweet potatoes)
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, plus
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, chilled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces, divided
- 2⁄3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup pecans, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 400°F Butter 13x9x2-inch baking dish. Bring large pot of water to boil; add yams. Cook about 4 minutes or until water returns to simmer; drain. Rinse under cold water.
- Arrange yams in prepared dish. Season with salt. Pour syrup over yams. Dot with 3 tablespoons butter. Cover and bake about 25 minutes or until yams are almost tender.
- Mix flour and brown sugar in medium bowl. Add remaining ½ cup butter. Cut in until mixture resembles coarse meal. Add pecans; mix.
- Sprinkle pecan mixture over yams; bake 20 minutes or until tender.