Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
I have been making these yams for our family Thanksgiving dinner for years. Whenever someone tries this dish for the first time they always ask for the recipe. It travels well for those potluck dinners too. Hope you enjoy!
- 2 (18 ounce) cans sweet potatoes, drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange sections, drained
- 1⁄4 cup raisins
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 3 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- Arrange sweet potatoes, oranges and raisins in a 11 X 7 X 11/2 inch baking pan.
- Pour maple syrup over sweet potato mixture.
- Sprinkle with almonds.
- Dot with butter.
- Bake in 325 degree oven 30 to 40 minute or till mixture is heated through.
We really enjoyed the addition of the mandarin oranges in this yam dish. It was yummy. Thanks for sharing your recipe, TeresaS. Made for Please Reveiw My Recipe tag game.
Now here's a VERY NICE WAY TO SERVE YAMS! I really enjoyed the combo of flavors from the fruit & nuts, while the maple syrup added something really special! Will certainly have to do these up again during the winter holidays! [Tagged, made & reviewed in 1-2-3 Hit Wonders cooking game]
Yummy yams! My kids love yams and they really enjoyed this. I kept the almonds off due to family preference. I cooked it in a 9x9 pan. Thanks, Teresa!