Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
A great holiday recipe that is very easy to make.
Make and share this Maple Glazed Sweet Potatoes and Apples recipe from Food.com.
- 3 lbs orange-fleshed sweet potatoes, peeled, cut crosswise into 1/4 inch thick rounds
- 1 3⁄4 lbs tart green apples, peeled, halved, cored, cut into 1/4 inch thick slices
- 1⁄2 cup pure maple syrup
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a 13x9x2 inch glass baking dish, alternate potato and apple slices in rows, packing tightly.
- Combine remaining ingredients in heavy medium saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat. Pour hot syrup over potatoes and apples. Cover dish tightly with foil and bake 1 hour. Uncover casserole. (Can be prepared 3 hours ahead to this point. Let stand at room temperature, basting occasionally with pan juices.) Reduce oven temperature to 350°F Bake until potatoes and apples are very tender and syrup is reduced to a thick glaze, basting occasionally, about 45 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
This was very yummy! This was the first year I had Chritmas dinner at my house and these were a hit! So good
We ended up using this as a dessert because I forgot to put it on the table. I sprinkled with pecans while baking and topped with whipped cream. This was sweet and delicious! Probably would be good served over vanilla ice cream too!
A deliciously flavoursome and really so very easy-to-make recipe which dwells in that mysterious hinterland between a side-dish and a dessert and could, I imagine, be served as either! I served this as a scrumptious side-dish with grilled chicken. I added about a 1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg and a 1/4 teaspoon of allspice to what was an already delicious syrup. We all came back for a second helping, so I'll certainly be making this again. I used Granny Smith apples. Thank you, Evelyn, for sharing this wonderful recipe!