Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 2 1⁄2 lbs sweet potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons coconut, flaked (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup pecan halves, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Spray an 8x8" baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a 3 quart saucepan, place sweet potatoes and water to cover; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 25-30 minutes until tender.
- Drain potatoes and cool slightly.
- Peel and cut into large chunks; place in prepared dish.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter; stir in syrup, sugar and coconut (if using). Over low heat, cook, stirring, 3 to 5 minutes until blended.
- Sprinkle nuts over sweet potatoes then top with syrup mixture. Bake 25 minutes.
- Top with marshmallows; bake 5 to 7 minutes until marshmallows are lightly browned.