- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 4 (6 ounce) salmon fillets
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 fresh pineapple (cut into 1/2-inch thick chunks)
- 1 fresh jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Whisk together the maple syrup and mustard in a small pan, and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Simmer until slightly thickened, and remove from heat. Set aside.
- Place salmon in a foil-lined 9x13" baking dish. Season with salt and pepper.
- Scatter the pineapple and jalapneo around the salmon. Brush the salmon with the syrup mixture.
- Broil for 5-7 minutes or until salmon flakes easily.
- Serve with the pineapple and jalapeno.
- Rice is wonderful with this.