Prep 8 mins
Cook 17 mins
Packed with sweet and tangy flavors, this glaze combines very nice with the salmon.
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 salmon fillets
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 450*.
- In small bowl, whisk maple syrup, soy sauce, ginger, cornstarch and water until smooth.
- Place salmon, skin side down, in shallow 1-1/2 qt casserole.
- Spoon glaze over fish.
- Bake 17 minutes, or until fish flakes easily; baste during cooking once.
- Sprinkle with green onion.
Even my picky children like this one.For them,I eased back on the fresh ginger.If anyone knows how to make the glaze thicker without compromizing the taste I would like to hear from you.This was very easy,quick,and a real treat!
Ann, I'm so glad you enjoyed the salmon! I'm sure you could increase the cornstarch to 1 or even 2 teaspoons without any problem.
Absolutely delicious! I used 3 fillets of salmon but kept the glaze ingredients the same, although I used 1 tsp of the cornflour to make it slightly thicker. The other thing I did was to give the fillets a good covering of freshly ground black pepper. This is a definite keeper, thanks for sharing.