Salmon is my number one favorite "meat" so I'm always looking for a variety of ways to cook it. Here is another of several ways I like to prepare it. (I only make this with REAL maple syrup, so can't vouch for the results if you substitute.)
- In a small bowl whisk together the syrup through cornstarch solution until smooth.
- Place the fillets skin-side-down in a shallow baking pan.
- Pour the syrup mixture over the salmon.
- Bake about 15-18 minutes at 450°F until the fish flakes easily; baste with glaze halfway through cooking.
- Sprinkle with scallion and almonds before serving.