Recipe by PsychoCasseroleStepmom
This is a recipe I got from Woman's World magazine. It sounds easy and tasty on these cold Autumn nights.
Top Review by The Normans
Made this for Fall PAC 2011, entertaining my Father, Grandmother and Stepmother. We evened out the rating to 4 stars, as one gave 4.7 stars and the others varied - 4 stars evened it all out. All really enjoyed. We might start glasing a little earlier though, to increase the flavour. Overall a simple (which we love) and very tasty dish. Thanks Psycho :)
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, plus,divided
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 3 lbs beef beef eye round
- 1 lb carrot, diagonally cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 lb parsnip, diagonally cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1⁄2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- 3 tablespoons mustard, preferably dijon
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine 3/4 tsp.
- salt and 1/4 tsp.
- pepper; sprinkle over roast.
- Place beef in roasting pan.
- Add carrots and parsnips; roast 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile in pot over medium heat combine syrup, wine, mustard, butter and remaining salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to simmer; cook until thickened about 10 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees.
- Cook roast until meat thermometer inserted in thickest part of beef registers 140 degrees for medium-rare, 35-40 minutes, brushing roast with glaze during last 15 minutes of cooking time.
- Let stand 10 minutes before slicing.