Recipe by Meghan
Just just like mini spice cakes! These fluffy, soft and spicy cookies are perfect for the cooler fall weather and the holidays. These are best when served the following day so the flavor of the spices really come out.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 cup butter
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375.
- In mixing bowl, cream together the sugars with the butter until smooth.
- Add in pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice and vanilla, blend until smooth.
- Mix in flour and baking soda just until blended.
- Drop rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased nonstick cookie sheet about 3" apart.
- Bake for 15 minutes, cool on wire rack.
- For the glaze, mix together the powdered sugar, maple syrup and vanilla to make glaze. Once totally cooled, drizzle with desire amount of glaze.
- Tip: These cookies taste a bit boring fresh out of the oven, but if you store them overnight in an airtight container, the flavor of the spices intensifies greatly! I glaze before serving, so they look pretty once plated!