1/3 Photos of Maple Glazed Pork Roast With Sweet Potatoes
1 hr 20 mins
This recipe makes a delicious and flavorful roast. I use about 1/2 cup of maple syrup to baste the roast and add some brown sugar to the sweet potatoes when I mash them. I left the original recipe unchanged here to post for you. I love sweet potatoes with pork! I hope you enjoy this one!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2Pat pork dry and season generously with salt and pepper.
- 3Sprinkle center of a flameproof roasting pan with 1/2 tablespoon flour.
- 4Set pork on flour in pan and roast in middle of oven 40 minutes.
- 5Brush pork with some maple syrup and roast, brushing with maple syrup every 10 minutes, until a thermometer inserted 2 inches into center of meat registers 155°F, 20 to 25 minutes more.
- 6While pork is roasting, peel potatoes and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces.
- 7In a kettle cover potatoes with salted cold water by 2 inches and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes.
- 8Drain potatoes in a colander set over a large bowl and reserve 3 cups cooking water.
- 9Return potatoes to kettle and mash with a potato masher, or purée in a food processor.
- 10Season potatoes with salt and pepper and keep warm.
- 11Transfer pork to a platter and let stand, loosely covered with foil, 10 minutes.
- 12While pork is standing, skim fat from pan juices.
- 13In a small bowl make a beurre manié by kneading together butter and remaining 4 tablespoons flour until smooth.
- 14Add 1 cup reserved cooking water to roasting pan and deglaze over moderately high heat, stirring and scraping up brown bits.
- 15Add remaining 2 cups cooking water and any juices that have accumulated on platter and bring mixture to a boil.
- 16Whisk in beurre manié and simmer sauce, whisking, until thickened to desired consistency, about 2 minutes.
- 17Pour sauce through a fine sieve into a sauceboat.
- 18Slice pork and serve with sweet potatoes and sauce.
- 19Serves 6 to 8.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Glazed Pork Roast With Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (473 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 867.7
- Calories from Fat 280
- Total Fat 31.1 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 208.8 mg
- Sodium 311.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 73.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.2 g
- Sugars 20.6 g
- Protein 69.9 g