Recipe by keen5
This is very, very good! I love the sauce. Prep time is approximate.
Top Review by SoulofaJedi
This didn't really come together the way I hoped it would. As noted above, this made a hard glaze over the meat. However, it came out very dry and tough. The ginger was a bit overpowering. Perhaps if the ginger was a bit reduced and this was made in a crock pot to retain the juices, it would have been a lot more flavorful.
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce (I use Open Pit, original flavor)
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons slivered orange rind
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 lbs boneless pork loin roast
Directions See How It's Made
- To make sauce: In small bowl, combine barbecue sauce, syrup and peel.
- In another small bowl combine ginger and salt; rub over meat.
- Place meat, fat side up on rack in roasting pan.
- Roast uncovered at 325 degrees for 1 3/4 to 2 hours or until done; allow 35 to 40 minutes per pound.
- Brush often with sauce during the last hour.