1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
from Breakfast for Dinner
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 small granny smith apple, peeled, cored, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup unseasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1To make meatballs: Line a baking sheet with foil.
- 2Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion. Cook until translucent, 7 to 10 minutes. Stir in apples, ginger and garlic. Cook 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Cool.
- 3In a large bowl, combine pork, egg, breadcrumbs, milk, maple syrup, fennel, red pepper flakes, salt and black pepper. Add onion mixture. Mix with your hands until uniform. Roll by tablespoonfuls into 1-inch balls. Arrange on prepared sheet. Refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 4Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- 5To make glaze: Whisk together maple syrup, tomato paste, apple juice and vinegar in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until reduced by half, about 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat. Cool slightly.
- 6Brush meatballs with half of glaze. Bake 10 minutes. Brush with remaining glaze. Bake 5 to 10 minutes longer or until cooked through. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple Glazed Pork Meatballs
Serving Size: 1 (191 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 362.8
- Calories from Fat 201
- Total Fat 22.3 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 86.9 mg
- Sodium 288.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 14.2 g
- Protein 15.8 g