Prep 25 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Southern Living.
- 236.59 ml maple syrup
- 19.71 ml balsamic vinegar
- 19.71 ml brown sugar
- 1.23 ml cinnamon
- 177.44 ml pecan halves, toasted
- 4 pork chops (1-inch-thick)
- 3.69 ml salt
- 2.46 ml fresh ground pepper
- 29.58 ml olive oil, divided
- 2 green apples, cut into (3/4-inch)
- 2.46 ml salt
- 59.14 ml finely diced crystallized ginger (optional)
- Whisk together first 4 ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Stir together pecans and 2 tablespoons maple syrup mixture in a skillet over medium heat, stirring to coat pecans. Cook, stirring often, 3 minutes or until pecans are glazed. Arrange pecans in an even layer on wax paper; let cool. Coarsely chop, and set aside.
- Sprinkle pork chops evenly with 3/4 teaspoon salt and pepper; brush with 1 tablespoon olive oil.
- Grill chops, covered with grill lid, over medium-high heat (350°to 400°) 8 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer inserted in thickest portion registers 160°, basting with 1/2 cup maple syrup mixture during last five minutes of cooking. (If glazed earlier, glaze will burn.) Transfer to serving platter. Cover and keep warm.
- Sprinkle apple slices evenly with 1/2 teaspoon salt; brush with remaining 1 tablespoon oil.
- Grill apples, without grill lid, over medium-high heat (350° to 400°) 4 to 6 minutes, turning occasionally and brushing with 1/4 cup syrup mixture.
- Spoon remaining maple syrup mixture over pork chops. Sprinkle with chopped pecans and, if desired, crystallized ginger. Serve with grilled apples.