Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A tasty way to fix pork chops that can be grilled or prepared in the oven. The sauce is also good on ham. From Pillsbury Grilling & Picnics. Be sure to use a good maple syrup from the US's Northeast region.
- 4 pork chops, 3/4-inch thick
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Grill directions:.
- Heat grill. Rub both sides of pork chops with salt and pepper. In small saucepan, combine all glaze ingredients; mix well. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Set aside.
- When ready to grill, place pork chops on medium heat 4 to 6-inches from medium coals. Cook 15 minutes, turning once.
- Brush pork chops with glaze. Cook an additional 10 minutes or until no longer pink, turning once and brushing frequently with glaze. Bring any remaining glaze to a boil; serve with pork chops.
- Oven Directions:.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Rub both sides of pork chops with salt and pepper. In small saucepan, combine all glaze ingredients; mix well. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Set aside.
- Brush pork chops with glaze. Bake pork chops for 30 minutes, basting with glaze every 8-10 minutes.
- Bring any remaining glaze to a boil; serve with pork chops.
My wife and I LOVED this recipe! I grilled our bone-in pork chops and basted the glaze at the end. I also grilled them on a maple wood grilling plank that I had soaked in a left-over Chardonnay that I had in the fridge. The smoke from the plank and the glaze sent us into Pork Chop Heaven! I will definately grill these again!!
I loved these! I bought a couple big packs of boneless pork chops last week and I was looking for ways to make them into freezer meals. I put the pork chops and the glaze into the same bag and froze them. I took them out of the freezer last night and thawed them in the fridge. Tonight I baked them in the oven. They took a little longer to bake than I expected but they were nice thick chops. They tasted amazing! I can't wake to make then again. Thank you lazy me for the recipe!!
Instead of chops I used loin. Wow this was great. I bring the leftovers to work and they are amazed how great they were. I baked to exact time and temp. Sides were tomato and basil stuffed spaghetti squash with scallop potatoes.4 leaf salad lite vinaigrette. Perfect