From "Everyday Food" No. 27 (Nov. 2005).
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450.
- 2Prepare parsnips: Trim tops and bottoms; peel, and slice in half crosswise to separate thick and thin parts. Halve or quarter thick parts lengthwise, until all parsnip pieces are roughly the same size. (In other words, slice 'em into matchsticks.).
- 3Prepare sweet potatoes: Trim ends, then quarter lengthwise and cut diagonally into 1/2" pieces.
- 4On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss parsnips and sweet potatoes with oil; season generously with salt and pepper. Spread in a single layer.
- 5Roast until tender and golden, about 30 minutes. (Toss once or twice while roasting.) When done, transfer to a large bowl.
- 6In a small bowl, stir together maple syrup and mustard. Pour over parsnips and sweet potatoes, and stir to coat. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yam/Sweet Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maple-Glazed Parsnips and Sweet Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.2
- Calories from Fat 44
- Total Fat 4.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.6 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 90.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 2.7 g